Monday, May 19, 2014

Close Enough

Lessons learned. Always check your work. Turns out I had missed some outlining and a few squares of orange braid.  Still waiting on that to arrive.

As the final touch, I added the gold rays around the angel's head. This gold braid can drive someone to drink. I found I had to tack it down to prevent the strands from bending. Overall, I am happy with how it turned out.

This piece is stunning. I cannot believe I took it on, but I really can't believe I finally finished it. I will never top this. I will cherish this for the rest of my life.

Pick up something you have put down, no matter how long ago. Never give up.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, the finished angel is stunning. I too saw this design and thought 'I'd like a go at that' and have got the chart and materials. I am sewing it for my mother in law (although we are not even engaged yet but who knows by the time I finish this?!). I have gone for the 14 count aida option because I thought it would be easier to use with the beads but I do think even weave is best for designs like this, so very well done! I am due to start this project in the next week or two as I have just finished a Dimensions gold (which took me two years on and off) Guardian of the Sea. What are you sewing at the moment? Your perils of sewing this design have not put me off doing this pattern because it is certainly worth it looking at the finished piece, it has a celestial quality to it that looks really precious and it really must have presence when its in front of you. Very beautiful.